Find out what types of assets make the best planned gifts. Learn about gifts of cash, securities and property.
Gift planning, also referred to as planned giving or legacy giving, describes an array of methods that can be used to commit to making a gift that will be paid to a non-profit organization at a future date, in some cases from the donor's estate upon their passing. Often these options allow a person or couple to make a more significant gift than they would be able to with their ordinary income. These giving vehicles can align with estate and tax planning guidance, often providing the donor or donors a means to benefit both their heirs and the not-for-profit organization, while reducing the impact on the donor's estate, the sale of a business, or other events with significant tax consequences.
Your charitable gift to ESU will provide vital support for our students and our institution and will influence the well-being of our graduates and the communities they serve far into the future. In addition, you can enjoy immediate or deferred tax benefits for you and your family.
IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to Emporia State University Foundation
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.